So you’ve run all the Mains and the DALI bus wiring to all the DALI fitting on a DALI Line what should your check list be before you start the commissioning process?
Here is a 10 point DALI check list that will make every DALI installation faster and more reliable.
- Confirm that there are no more than 64 DALI Control Gear on the DALI Line – a good limit is to have no more than 55 DALI Control Gear on a Line to allow for future additions
- Check and updated ‘as built/wired’ diagrams covering any changes/modifications to the original planned schedule etc. Clearly mark which DALI Control Gear is on which DALI Line
- Ensure that the mains wiring to each DALI Luminaire is correctly connected
- Check that 240Vac is present at each DALI EM luminaire
- Ensure that the DALI wiring to each DALI Luminaire is correctly connected
- Ensure that all the DALI power supply for that DALI Line is connected to Mains and to the Line – check that the DALI Line voltage (nominal 18Vdc) is present and make a note of the reading
- Check that the DALI Line voltage (nominal 18Vdc) is present at the DALI terminals at each Luminaire
- Check that the DALI Line voltage at the furthest point(s) of the DALI Line from the DALI power Supply/Ethernet/DALI interface is within 2Vdc of the voltage measured in point (f) i.e. a volt drop of 2V or higher indicates that the limit of 300m wire length has been exceeded or that there is a poor termination(s) on the DALI Line
- Ensure that any Ethernet/DALI interfaces etc are correctly wired and interconnected to Mains, to the DALI Lines and to the building LAN as appropriate
- Connect a Diginet RAPIX Addressing USB/DALI interface to each DALI Line in turn – select the ‘flash all’ option on the interface and check that all the DALI fittings on that Line are flashing, and in the case of DALI EM lights that their red/green indicator LED’s and/or the main EM light is flashing on/off
Once you gone through the 10 Point DALI Check List and ticked all the boxes, the commissioning process will be straight forward and efficient.
No more annoying and time consuming delays due to incorrect or missing wiring and connections.